(4-Year Programme)

Frequently Asked Questions


Students applying to this programme must take the four compulsory subjects, i.e. English, Chinese, Mathematics, and Liberal Studies, plus two electives. This is also the general requirements of CUHK, which applies to all JUPAS students applying to CUHK. Global Studies Programme has no additional requirement on HKDSE subjects.
The subject weighting of the English Language is 1.5. 
The Programme offers exchange opportunities (e.g. in Europe, Asia) exclusively for Global Studies Students. Students can also apply for exchange programmes through University/ College. The University/ College will take into consideration your grades, extracurricular activities, and interview performance before deciding in which host university to place you. While you are guaranteed an exchange opportunity, placement in your first choice university cannot be guaranteed.
Some universities, especially those in Europe, do prefer students who have reached a certain level of their home language. If you have achieved that, you definitely stand a great chance of being placed in these universities. Even if the host university has no foreign language requirement, if you happen to know their home language, your chance of getting placed in that university would be higher relative to other students. Having said that, you are free to apply to go to any university. For example you can certainly apply to go for exchange in a Canadian university while your chosen foreign language is Spanish.
The Programme will arrange for summer internships for students in the summer of second year. Students can also apply for local and overseas internships through our Office of Student Affairs. 

Non-JUPAS & International Students Admissions Scheme:

Please note that non-local applicants are those who:
• require a student visa/entry permit to study in Hong Kong; OR
• are holders of a visa/entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG); OR
• are holders of a dependent visa/entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa/entry permit by the Director of Immigration. 
For details, please refer to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
Yes. Applicants who meet the requirements will automatically be considered for University admission scholarship. Applicants will not need to submit a separate application for the scholarship. For further information, please visit the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid – Scholarships and Financial Aid.